So I let myself get behind on posting.
For the 4th of July I decided to take a little road trip alone. I drove up to Boise to visit a friend who I have not seen in a long time. It was a nice relaxing weekend just hanging out. I don't think I could ever live in Boise. I would miss our mountains too much. Downtown Boise is nice right around the campus. I love that the river goes right through town and there are some fabulous parks.
These first set of pictures are from the park. We stopped and got burgers at Five Guys. Wow what a burger. I got the regular cheeseburger which is TWO patties. The think that is cool about Five Guys is you tell them what you want on your burger and not what you don’t want. They have a nice list of things you can put on it and none of it is extra. The dog is Nicole’s pet poodle Oliver. What a funny dog very nice but very skittish. He hid behind Nicole half the time. He would let me pet him but only if Nicole was holding him. There were a couple of squirrels running around on the picnic benches and since I took a picture of a squirrel in Charleston I had to take one of the Boise squirrels.
Oh and I won $8 playing the lottery cards. Woohoo!! The grocery store down the street from Nicole's house actually has a vending machine that sells them. I thought that was hillarious!!!
If anyone watched or watches The Girls Next Door on E! then you know about Sprinkles cupcakes. Bridgette talked about them all the time. Well thanks to my cousin Andrea I found out they sell the mixes at Williams Sonoma. So we were at the mall in Boise and they had a Williams Sonoma store so we stopped in to see if they had them. Ta DAH!!! They did so we bought some. Can you say EXPENSIVE?!?!?! Oh well. They were yummy. Note: when making cream cheese frosting it is imperative that the cream cheese is still cold. If not the frosting is runny and doesn’t set up.

No comments:
Post a Comment